Everyone loves a takeaway, but as part of your Weight Loss Programme with Bodyline, the idea of a takeaway is just a temptation that can be difficult to refuse for anyone. Well fear not, Bodyline can help, Along with your new found knowledge of Superfoods and how they can give your weight loss a supersonic boost from our previous Blog, try these takeaway alternative recipes which incorporate the supersonic superfood Turkey which is the leanest protein sourced meat on the planet. Its packed with nutrients that are heart healthy, low in fat, inexpensive, versatile and always available.
GINGERED TURKEY NOODLES
Turn turkey into something special with this oriental-style stir-fry. Boasting a vibrant mix of vegetables and intense ginger and garlic flavours, it’s a taste sensation.
250g dried egg noodles or superfood buckwheat noodles
500g skinless turkey breasts, cut into thin strips
2 carrots, peeled & cut into thin strips
1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
150g broccoli florets
250g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
250g mangetout, halved lengthways
1 tsp grated root ginger
1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed
100ml chicken stock
2 level tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and keep warm
- Spray large non stick pan with low calorie spray, Add the turkey and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes
- Add the carrots, red pepper & broccoli and stir fry for 4 minutes
- Add the baby sweetcorn with the mangetout, ginger & garlic, Stir fry for a further 3-4 minutes
- Add the drained noodles, the stock, sweet chilli sauce and the soy sauce and mix well
- Heat until piping hot and serve immediately.
Spice up your slimming with this creamy curry that’s completely free if you follow a slimming world diet, its full of flavour and no doubt will become a real family favourite.
2 Large onions, sliced
600ml chicken stock
2 tsp turmeric
3 cardamom pods
1 x 2.5cm cinnamon stick
4 black peppercorns
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp peeled & grated root ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 skinless turkey breast, sliced
275ml fat free natural yogurt
Pince of salt
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Put onion and 425ml of the chicken stock in a large saucepan. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes until the onion is tender and golden.
- Add all the spices and garlic to the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the turkey and cook for a few minutes to coat in spices. Then stir in the remaining chicken stock.
- Cover the pan and simmer very gently over a medium heat for 20 minutes until the turkey is cooked.
- Transfer the curry to a large serving bowl, Add 4 tbsp of the cooking sauce to the yogurt and stir well. Gradually add the yogurt into the curry, stirring continuously.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with boiled rice.
Food doesn’t have to be boring when you are lowering your calorie in take and following a healthy eating plan as part of your Bodyline Weight Loss Programme. Just swap out those processed foods and takeaways and stock up your fridge with fresh produce, markets are great to find what you need and their products tend to be of high quality, fresh and have no added packaging that helps the environment too.